Learn About Immediate Relative and Family Preference Visas

Contact an immigration law attorney serving Peoria and Bloomington, IL for additional information

U.S. citizens or green card holders must sponsor family members who want to obtain a family visa. Depending on your relationship, your family member can apply for either an immediate relative or a family preference visa. Kuykendall Law Offices, an established immigration law firm serving the Peoria and Bloomington, IL areas, is a trusted source for visa application information.

Contact us today to discuss your situation with attorney Kevin R. Kuykendall.

Who's considered an immediate relative?

If you're a U.S. citizen, you can apply for a family visa on behalf of your...

  • Spouse
  • Sibling
  • Parent
  • Child
If you're a lawful permanent resident, however, you can only file a petition for your spouse or unmarried child.

Filing a petition for an extended family member

Filing a petition for an extended family member

The U.S. government limits the number of family preference visas it issues every year. An immigration law attorney serving Bloomington and Peoria, IL can help you file your petition so your family visa application is more likely to be approved.

Call Kuykendall Law Offices at 309-673-4948 now to learn more about applying for immediate relative and family preference visas.